Do a barrel roll

Started by Crip, Feb 07, 13, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Follow these easy steps:

1. Go to Google.com

2. Search for 'do a barrel roll'

3. Smile!

This works with the latest version of Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
------------------------------------------------------------------------//
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Scrubmeister

Do you have too much time on your hands? ;D

OK - So it did it.

Crip

Yup , I reckon so .. ;)

I saw it posted on another site though..
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

Yeah, that's one of the "Easter Eggs" that the jesters at Google have built into their search engine over the years but that is certainly one of the best.  Here is another one that is not quite as dramatic as the barrel roll one but still kind of cool.  Type 'tilt' into the search box, hit enter, and see what happens.

ZP

ZarPrime

Quote from: Scrubmeister on Feb 07, 13, 10:39:20 AM
Do you have too much time on your hands? ;D

If you really want to know who has too much time on their hands, it's definitely the Google people.  They program lots of stuff like this every year.

Last year, on May 23, 2012, Google offered up a pretty nifty and technically awesome doodle in honor of Robert Moog, inventor of the Moog synthesizer.

Google's doodle was a web-based playable Moog synthesizer that allowed users to record and share their musical creations. Like all musical doodles, this doodle was particularly popular and, according to Google's chief doodler, was "the most technically ambitious doodle yet."

This doodle plays like an actual Moog Synthesizer and you can change all kinds of stuff, volume range, waveform, etc.  It even let's you record your creations on up to 4 tracks and play them back and giving you a shortened url to share your creations.  If you scroll down the page linked below, you can see an image showing all the different things you can do with it ...
http://www.google.com/doodles/robert-moogs-78th-birthday

People even composed their own compositions using this thing.  See if you recognize what these 2 tunes below are.

http://www.google.com/doodles/robert-moogs-78th-birthday?doodle=6201726XPBA74MzMMlMzN0pmZthmZn8AAAMRmZnyAAANQAAB6pmZs3__-3-2E8aZmbTPP__9lPUzMz2n7___YzzpmZhyVIRjEYRjE4ZmFJRlEYRjF4RkE5ZjFJRhEZRlE4ZhEZRlFINjFIxhEZRlE5ZhFJRlEYxhF5hiE5ZnFJRhEZRjE4ZhEYxhFJNglJRlEZRlE5ZmFIxlEZRhGQBA74MzMMlMzN0pmZthmZn8AAAMRmZnyAAANQAAB6pmZs3__-3-2E8aZmbTPP__9lPUzMz2n7___YzzpmZh2WA.

http://www.google.com/doodles/robert-moogs-78th-birthday?doodle=6201726XihA74MzMMlMzN0pmZthmZn8AAAMRmZnyAAANQAAB6pmZs3__-3-2E8aZmbTPP__9lPUzMz2n7___YzzpmZhxk4pmE5JmE4ZkEoJiFFBkE5piEpJkFFBiE5ViFVpiFUpiFVJiE0JkFFBiFYpkEoJkFEhkE5VmE5piEhxkEhhOaZBWSRiGQWkGQSiGQWjlgRiEJpkFwxmExBiFRBkEQhiFRJlEphhFZpkEoJkFZBiFEZkE4JRIZBVWZAEDvgzMwyUzM3SmZm2GZmfwAAAxGZmfIAAA1AAAHqmZmzf__7f7YTxpmZtM8___2U9TMzPafv__9jPOmZmHBYA.