Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

How to embed "new unwritten answer" image in different languages

Started by tamanous, May 23, 11, 01:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamanous

Heya,

I'm just wondering how to embed "new unwritten answer" image in different languages than english in the smf 2.0 RC5 themes Anecdota, January, Reference and UnRelatived. Knowing that the images are in images/english made me copy&rename that folder to the language setting I've chosen, but nothing happend.

Can you please tell me which files have to be edited too?
If it would be less to modify, is there a possibility to just change the "new" to bold font?

Thank you,
Attached how it looks like, and how i want it to look.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

tamanous

Sorry for that.

To be more explicit, this problem occurs with your smf 2.0 RC5 themes Anecdota, January, Reference and UnRelatived. I didn't try other themes made by you.

willemjan

This is because you are using the German language on your forum. Crip's themes only have new images in English.

What you need to do is create an new folder in the theme name -> Languages folder, and call that German. Then you can copy the new image from the English folder to the German folder.

You should do this for all the themes, and all languages you have installed.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

tamanous

OK, thanks for your very fast response first.
But ... as written above, I've tried this before, tried it again, now using themename/language/german and themename/images/german (each and both) as well as with G and g leading letters. I've also copied the Settings.german.php form core/language and classic/language to themename/language guessing that this might bring a working solution, it didn't.

I'm sorry, but this does not work for me. Changing board or profile language settings to english works fine, btw.
Browser Cash is not a solution, too, nor does firefox error console find any errors or warnings.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

tamanous

Little awkward .. i never thought the text "Neu" would be an image which location could be verified to add the picture there ..

Thank you again, it was as simple as -utf8 ...

:)

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

willemjan

Ah, yes. I should have mentioned it. When you use utf-8 textset, then it is german-utf8 indeed. Sorry for that...